Training and Safety Director - Los Angeles,CAThis position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
The Training and Safety Director’s primary role is to continually promote and campaign for a safe and reliable work environment for the employees, passengers and any person that our employees come in contact with while in performance of duties. In addition, it is the director’s responsibility to oversee security issues related to the facility, employees and the public. To assist the terminal manager in the recruitment and selection of drivers and developing and implementing safety programs, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Receives and implements technical, compliance, safety, loss control and risk management goals from the Vice President of Safety and Risk Management.
- Maintain adequate recruiting programs and procedures at assigned terminal. Work closely with operations staff to document and report staffing requirements and maintain proper staffing levels, including coordination of advertising, hiring practices, and qualification procedures.
- Assist in the development of site specific training programs and procedures at assigned terminal. Work closely with staff to develop appropriate driver training materials, programs, and procedures.
- Manage and oversee system security requirements.
- Manage and administer Substance Abuse (Drug and Alcohol Testing) at the assigned division to ensure compliance with all applicable, federal, state, and local regulations and operating contract requirements.
- Manage and direct claims administration programs and staff at the division level. Ensure the successful administration of auto liability, general liability, and workers compensation claims, including accident investigation and prevention programs and training.
- Conduct training classes and provide one-on-one training/education for staff as needed.
- Perform pre-site inspections to review current and ongoing compliance with applicable safety and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the division is compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements. Known regulatory requirements include, but are not limited to:
- State specific regulatory inspections
Department of Transportation (DOT)
Public Utilities Commission (PUC)
Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
Employer Testing Program
- 10 years of experience in the paratransit/bus transportation industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, but not required.
- Certification by California Department of Education (Transit Training)
- Or Transportation Safety Institute Bus Instructor Course Certificate
- Certified or knowledgeable in the following: Transit and Paratransit Management,ADA, CA DMV Employers Testing Program, CA CHP Terminal Compliance, Drug and Alcohol Awareness.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications and organizational skills.
Software Proficiencies Required:
- Email and Internet
- Microsoft Office Applications Suite